A child's brain undergoes a rapid and important period of development before 3 years old. An enriching and healthy learning environment can stimulate the development of brain and learning ability. As young children usually stay at home, it is important to create an ideal environment for them to learn at home.
If you want to create a quality learning environment at home, you may refer to the suggestions below:
1. Diversified learning resources: A wide array of storybooks, toys and learning tools in different textures fit your child who learns through different senses.
2. Comprehensive learning content: A holistic learning experience should cover language, logical thinking, physical and moral education.
3. Systematic learning plan: You should provide learning resources and materials that match your child’s abilities and interests at different developmental stages.
4. Rich book collection: Thematic storybooks help your child acquire the knowledge and skills needed in daily life, relate himself/herself to the outer world.
5. Quality reading time: Read with your child for at least 20 minutes every day to develop a good reading habit.
Click here to see how Oxford Path may help you create an enriching and healthy learning environment at home.